February 27 - March 4, 2-19
Envision Festival, Costa Rica
A 4-Day festival perfectly nestled where the Pacific Ocean meets the wild jungle of Costa Rica (and Ashleigh’s home town!). As a celebration dedicated to awakening our human potential, Envision Festival provides a platform for different cultures to collide harmoniously in regenerative community. Our aim is to inspire one another through the collective participation in art, spirituality, yoga, music, dance, performance, education, regenerative strategies and our fundamental connection with nature. We’d love to share this experience with you.
APRIL 6-12, 2019
Ayurveda, Herbalism & Self-Care Retreat/Training
This unique retreat-style training is open to all-levels of students and is ALSO a 100-HR Yoga Alliance Certified Advanced Teacher Training through my Alaya Yoga School 500hr Teacher Training Program.
An empowering immersion into the practical, mystical and healing wisdom of three ancient traditions: Yoga, Ayurveda and Herbalism. These three distinct pathways each celebrate our alignment with nature as the foundation of vital health. This retreat-style training is a mind-opening journey into some of the oldest healing traditions in the world. Learn how they are unique and distinct and where these pathways intersect through the lens of prana: the intelligent force that is the essence of life. Cultivate your personal path of wellbeing, gather more tools and techniques to help others and deepen your intuitive capacity for healing and personal evolution.
In this retreat you will:
- Learn how to use prana, the vital source of life, to create healing, evolution and clarity
- Gain a wide array of physical movement practices to create elasticity in the connective tissues, revitalize the organs, support the central nervous system and balance the endocrine system
- Learn traditional yogic purification and self-care techniques that support mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Traditional yogic purification and self-care techniques that support mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Pranayama and meditation practices to access healing states
- How to cope with stress and change
- Ayurvedic massage: how & why to practice it
- How to finally get a good night’s sleep
- What are the doshas and how they can affect our energy
- How to eat for your body type
- Herbal rasayanas for energy renewal
April 28 - April 29
The Tantra of Herbalism Weekend Workshop
Weekend Workshop with Ashleigh and Sarah Wu. More info TBA.
June 27 - June 30
Telluride Yoga Festival
Nestled at the end of a lush canyon and surrounded by some of Colorado’s most rugged peaks, Telluride is majestic, beautiful and removed from the usual. 45 miles from the nearest stoplight, you can’t help but feel like you’ve stepped away from it all. The pure mountain air and blue-bird skies inspire you to realign with nature and breathe life in full. Nowhere else in the country or perhaps the world, does such place exist.
The Telluride Yoga Festival is a unique and special gathering unlike any other. This inspirational 4-day event features over 100 offerings including yoga, meditation, music, hiking, dining, SUP yoga, social gatherings and more. Find yourself deeply immersed with inspiring and motivating presenters in intimate venues with gorgeous & inspiring, views at our downtown Telluride campus of the Telluride High School and beyond.
Ride the gondola between classes and leave your car behind. Wander the galleries and shops. Sip coffee on a park bench and watch the world go by. Treat yourself to a massage. Enjoy dinner at any of the amazing restaurants. If you aren’t left completely filled up from all of the amazing programming the Telluride Yoga Festival offers, there is plenty more to experience to make your time in Telluride unforgettable.
September 15 - September 19
Alaya Total Nervous System Reset @ Kripalu
with Ashleigh Sergeant, Meg McCraken & Kevin Courtney – The demands of modern day living can feel stressful and overwhelming. Experience powerful practices to help you unwind and deeply relax in order to find lasting relief. The busyness of our everyday living causes an imbalance to our nervous system, which makes it difficult to decompress and experience a sense of calm. True rest is a fundamental necessity for lifelong well-being and happiness. Learn to balance your stress response and reset your nervous system through contemplative movement practices, meditation, yoga nidra and powerful breathwork.
September 29 - October 13
Chakras and Kundalini 100HR Advanced Teacher Training
100-HR Advanced Teacher Training c0-taught with Meg McCraken
*This training applies to the Avahana School 300hr Teacher Training Program that qualifies 200-HR RYTs for a 500-HR Yoga Alliance Certification
The energetic maps of the yoga tradition hold potential for personal awakening and global transformation.The wisdom behind these highly sophisticated, ancient systems is being confirmed by modern science at an increasingly exponential rate. While remaining rooted in thousands of years of tradition and dedicated practice, these potent teachings have strengthened, refined and evolved to meet the needs of the modern world.
The Chakra system serves as a bridge between spirit and matter, mind and body, heaven and earth. Integration of these systems into a modern day hatha yoga practice will help you to connect with your individual purpose as an individual and a teacher. From here you can help others cultivate a healthy connection between their inner and outer worlds so they can form meaningful and lasting relationships with their bodies and in their lives. As a leader, connection with the kundalini shakti is the essential power behind the evolution of individual and global consciousness.
This training will explore:
- The 7 chakra system as it relates to physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing
- How the elements of earth, water, fire, air, sound, light and consciousness correspond to each energy center and stage of human development
- Chakra focused postural assessments and muscle testing
- Common traumas and abuses and imbalances associated with each chakra
- Practices to transform negative mental, emotional and physical patterns into tools for growth and freedom.
- What Kundalini is and safe and effective ways to tap into this power
- Mental health and emotional intelligence as they relate to the creative power of kundalini
- How to offer spiritual support to your students through recognition of something greater than themselves
- The intricate relationship between the chakras, the nervous system, the body and the way they together shape the patterns of our lives. Then we can explore the pathways and our great potential to transform those patterns.
By understanding the relationship of the chakras to the physical body you will learn:
- To become more present to and to work with your patterns of disintegration and cultivate the tools to continually promote your own full being wellness, so that you can be more clear in your life and your work
- To see mental/emotional patterns manifest in the physical body and suggest a variety of yogic practices to support movement beyond these patterns
- Traumas associated with each energy center as they relate to the organs, muscles and connective tissue
- How to integrate and transform past experiences of injury, abuse and trauma through movement, breath and attention
- To transform prohibitive mental, emotional and physical patterns into tools for growth and freedom.
- How to claim the rights of your spirit so that you can manifest your full potential every day
- Powerful movement, breath, sound, visualization, mudra and meditation practices and teachings that can help to harmonize all of the systems of the body, mind, spirit
November 10 - November 16
Retreat – Nava Rasa: Tantric Yoga of the Emotions
6 day Retreat in Mexico with Ashleigh and Justine Lemos. More details TBA!