- This event has passed.
200-HR Alaya Yoga School Teacher Training/Yoga Intensive
April 5 - August 7
It’s here! I love that I have the pleasure of teaching beside some of my favorite humans. My 200-HR Teacher Training/Yoga Intensive (it’s not JUST for people who want to be teachers!) is part of The Alaya Yoga School, a program I created with my dear friend Meg McCraken (we will be co-leading this training together). Please join us for a 5-month transformational journey into the heart of yoga, where you will be invited to engage this ancient practice through lived experiences that speak authentically to you.
What: 4 Sessions April-August 2018
When: April 5-9; May 17-21, June 22-26, August 3-7
Led By: Meg McCraken and Ashleigh Sergeant both ERYT 500
World-Class Guest Scholars: Kevin Courtney, Yoga Philosopher, Practitioner and Musician &
Dr. Mike Lane, DC, Anatomist and Foundation Trainer
This course, is appropriate for those whom:
- want to deepen their relationship with and experience of yoga
- want to expand their capacity for a fulfilling and vibrant life
- want to become 200HR Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teachers
- want to feel more at ease in their bodies and more connected, body, mind, heart and soul
- are currently yoga teachers looking to enliven their experience with the practice and their students
- want to call more peace into their lives
- want to embody more authenticity in their lives and step into the power of that truth
- want to join a community based on mindfulness, wholeheartedness, connection and joy
Through this training, we will tap into the true power of yoga by having a deeper, experiential conversation that can help bring this ancient tradition to life. One of the greatest intentions for this training is to take the powerful practices of yoga and make them accessible, understandable, relevant and potent for you in your everyday living.
We will explore:
- Clear, healthy foundational alignment techniques for the yoga postures (asanas),
- The unique effects and benefits of each of the poses,
- Useful modifications for the varying poses,
- The power of intention as it relates to yoga practice and everyday living,
- The potent art of sequencing a personal, private or group practice for maximum, intentional effect,
- Finding and empowering your authentic voice,
- Therapeutic Yoga – tapping into the healing power of yoga,
- Pranayama (breath practices) and the varying effects of different practices,
- The power of meditation and different meditative techniques that can help to optimize mind and energy,
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga, demystified for practice in everyday life,
- The neurology of pain,
- The science of change,
- Purpose, passion and the art of living authentically,
- The anatomy of the subtle bodies like the chakras, the vayus and the koshas.
- Anatomy with Mike Lane, a world-class anatomist, teacher, chiropractor and functional movement specialist
- The philosophies and deep practices of yoga with Kevin Courtney, a profound philosopher and teacher who brings the tradition of yoga to life.
A $500 non-refundable deposit will reserve your spot
In addition to the deposit the cost is:
Early Bird – $2100 if paid in full by January 15, 2018 (total $2600)
Regular Rate – $2400 if paid after the early bird date (total $2900)
Payment Plans Available
Registration Opening December 1st
The $500 deposit is non-refundable.
If cancelled in writing 60 days prior to the training, a full refund (less the deposit) will be issued.
If cancelled in writing between 31 and 59 days prior to the training, and 80% refund (less the deposit) will be issued.
If cancelled 30 days or less prior to the training, no refund will be issuedwant to feel more at ease in their bodies and more connected, body, mind, heart and soul,
Registration opens Dec 1, 2017.
For more information on The Alaya Yoga School 200-HR and other teacher training programs visit: